8.07.2009

Postponing real life so I can turn 24 in style



My new boss wanted me to start on Monday the 3rd....which happens to be right before my birthday.

I decided BMO really needed me another week; i was a valuable member of their team that could not just be snatched away from them without a weeks' notice; I was intricate in the training of new temps (how else would they know how to get around BMO's firewall); And I need a good solid week of goodbyes, we love you, we will miss you, please remember us in corporate hell when you are floating in nonprofit heaven.

So i took a week, tied up loose ends, ate out at all those loop lunch places i never got around to going to, and then my birthday rolled around....And then 3 a.m. at Sidetrack smacked me in the face and i was typing in sick around 6 a.m.

I swear I have never called in drun...sick before. Call it one last romp of irresponsible bliss. From now on it is the 9-5 for me.

But let me tell you all, 8 bottle of wine, artichoke dip and 1 dollar drinks on Halsted are never a bad way to celebrate a new year, a new job and the start of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment