7.31.2009

Who says the Blog Gods aren't listening?

There I was, on July 15th, thinking i was just typing my mournful words of despair away into the vast ether of the blogosphere. But as I realized today i was actually making a powerful prayer to the computer gods, and they were listening.

Two weeks after making my sorry recession speech, I went back in to Christopher House to meet with the CEO. I thought I was going in for yet another round of interviews. Maybe there were a few communications/skills/talents tests from the 50's they wanted to run me through. Maybe they would like to hear my thoughts on Russian literature, South African apartheid, the third wave of feminism or the boy band phenomenon of the nineties. Or maybe they just wanted to hear more about what type of fruit/tree/animal I would be if i could be any fruit/tree/animal I wanted. (pine, lemon, mermaid).

Or they wanted to offer me a job!!!!!

Yes that is right after 6 months of BMO, countless frustrated phone calls home, a few random curses to the heavens and 100's of cover letters constructed, mail merged and emailed....I, Niki Fritz, am employed as an executive assistant at Christopher House.

I don't even care about all the details (like benefits including dental, paid vacation days, and my own sweet office), all i care about is i will finally begin my working career; I feel like I can finally start life.

(If anyone is actually more interested in who I will be working for check them out at: www.christopherhouse.org...they are over 100 years old and do this nonprofit stuff real good)

No comments:

Post a Comment